Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Precious Cargo



My what a big basket you have Queenie.

The truth is, I only really use the basket when I am going down to the community garden, or shopping, or to the farmer's market. It is attached to the nifty signature workcycles front carrier which is easily removable - it all just slides up and out. Less than a second.

The REALLY cool thing is that unlike every other front rack or basket I have ever seen, this one is mounted onto the down tube of the FRAME which means there is no connection between what ever ungainly weight might be in the basket, and the front wheel, the steering or the general stability of the bike. It is amazing. And, it is one of the MANY reasons I chose to IMPORT my beautiful, beloved, super useful, supremely ridable, ultra practical, joy inducing workcycles secret service bike, rather than some of the other almost as good but not quite as amazing city style bikes available in Australia.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my bike?

So what is in the basket?




The first ever Vista Bella apples.

Precious cargo indeed.


So I et one.

4 comments:

DianeLynn said...

Love the big basket and love your bike too! I want it! ;)

rhonda jean said...

Step aside Diane, I said I wanted it first.

Damn you Duckie! Not only pictures of Queenie but also fresh apples and baby ducks! I can see you'll be a handful with this extra time at home. ;- )

And with a post about a hole in the floor - word verification: subhatch.

Velouria said...

I love front racks in this style, as well as the squaring baskets. I've been looking for a smaller version of these for one of my bikes, but no luck!

Marla said...

I have a white basket on the front of my beachcomber bike. Yes, I have a beachcomber even though the nearest beach is a bazillion miles away.

The apples look delightful. So.... how did they taste?