- 3/4 cups of tahini
- 1 and 1/2 cups honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour (I use spelt)
- 1/4 cup powdered ginger, or a few tablespoons of sweet fragrant spices
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- half tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 moderate or whatever
- Grease some pizza tins, baking trays
- Pour or scoop tahini and honey into saucepan.
- Heat a little over low heat to soften. Mix.
- Add other ingredients and mix.
- Turn heat on again if mix is too hard to get a spoon through.
- Once mixed, roll into little balls between palms and put on tins.
- Lick fingers and inside of saucepan
- Squish cookies gently with a fork to flatten
- Bake until brown and the middle of each cookie looks like it has changed texture.
- Watch out - they burn quickly but more cooked is better than under cooked.
- Let cool for a little while and then remove from trays
- Cool and store.
These keep for AGES in the fridge.
This recipe was adapted from another recipe I found in the internets somewhere that was subsequently tweaked, changed, added and subtracted enough to now call my own (well, that's what I reckon)