Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

Alas, poor Julie

Hmmm. I don’t think I am very good that the whole home baking thang. Poor Julie has failed to perform. My sourdough did not rise today! Well, perhaps she did, a bit, in a barely discernable microscopic way……I ‘m wondering if I need to practice on some wheat flour, rather than jumping straight to whole meal spelt flour super serious hippydom? The destructions do say it can take a while to rise….do we think 24 hours is to long to wait?

Hee hee, I hope the Norwegian Princess and Biggest Hippy didn’t spend too much time trying to get Juiliet and Julian to do their stuff….

Anyway, enter Shirley. Lets see if we can round up a more compliant and volcanious herd of while yeast monsters this time ‘round.

2 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

RIP Julie. Mine didn't perform either, no wonder I didn't name her. But check out my latest post, it's a sourdough - made this afternoon! AND ... it's delicious.

The Duck Herder said...

Yes, poor Julie - she made a VERY dense loaf. I think I have rediscovered negative space - but what astro-physicists have previously failed to realise is that negative space tastes OK thinly toasted with butter and honey, as long as you don't eat to much!

I will hop right on over to check out the new sourdough!