Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

winter stars & rocket

Riding home from the gym tonight on queenie, groceries in my basket,  I fell in love all over again with my velvety green fur trimmed hooded parka. Toasty warm head, neck and ears. Except when I turned my head to check for cars and well, just ended up seeing inside the hood.....not quite what was required of the situation.

Anyhoo it is another crispy clear ONCian night. The STARS. Just amazing. Quiet roads. No cars. Riding as slow as possible, standing up on the pedals, gazing up at the stars, enjoying the wide quiet streets, the dark, the solitude, the stars, the night.

Warm ears. Sneaky cold air biting the gap between my socks and my leggings.....warm hands from yummy gloves.


Winter in the ONC.





Speaking of winter in the ONC - never forget rocket. ARUGULA if you please. Friend of sliced pears, parmesan, olive oil and balsamic vinegar - caramelised if you can get it. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Whenever I smell pine trees on a cold day I think of ONC.

I like to say a-ROOOOOO-goo-lah like it's some sort of alarm.

The Duck Herder said...

hee hee! a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!a - ROOOOOOOOOOO-goo-lah!

Anonymous said...

That's it EXACTLY.
x