Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

kiwi cuttings - plants for FREE

OK, so I did a little research. Yes, I know, I am meant to be writing a report for someone....so naturally my attention turns to anything but........

Looks like Diggers WILL be selling Issai again later this year. Hooray!
But I am gunna make some for free.

These nice people here at The Walden Effect say it is FINE to take soft wood cuttings in Summer. Well, it is almost still summer.....so here we go. They say SURE you can stuff around with rooting powders, propagation trays, heat mats and misters, OR you can just whack them into jars of water and see how you go.




So this is what I have done. I did add some VRM XLR8 Bio (link downloads brochure) for good measure, to help out compete bad fungi and help with root establishment. I also added a little rooting gel...........



Will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Em said...

Hey hun, quick totally unrelated question - can you link me to a website, or send me some basic info about the big compost project you were working on? I want to refer to it in my current uni assignment... thanks :)

The Duck Herder said...

no worries EM!
Hope everything is going well.

www.groundswellproject.blogspot.com.au/

Also www.armidalecitytosoil.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Good Luck! I'm curious to see how it goes....or should I say,"grows"! LOL Darlene

The Duck Herder said...

Hey Darlene! well, so far so good - will let you know.......