Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ducks, Humans & Comfrey


From my desk where I am busily procrastinating, I can hear the ducks munching away on the comfrey. They love it. I love it too. I know some folks are a bit thing about eating it but I must admit I do whack whole leaves of the stuff into my green smoothies. The hysteria about comfrey being poisonous seems a little (lot) over blown to me. From what I have read, the leaves are PROFOUNDLY good for you, quite safe and no bad things have happened to anyone from eating them......

Anyway, I trust the ducks.


In other news, even though they are moulting, these girls are STILL laying their beautiful big fat orange yolked eggs.Thats 9 months straight - for 2 and 3 year old duckies. HAZZAH for ducks.

Must be the comfrey.




4 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Like.
Ooops - I thought I was on FB for a minute.

We are having lovely weather for ducks here on the Sunshine Coast. Lovely weather.

dixiebelle said...

I have loads of comfrey at the moment, which I started growing for the chooks... who aren't that interested in it! I keep meaning to make Christine's Comfrey Ointment with it...

dixiebelle said...

http://slowlivingessentials.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/comfrey-ointment.html (Der, forget to put link, in case anyone else wanted the recipe!)

The Duck Herder said...

ooH! hello there Ms QotTC. dixiebelle you read my mind, I just made some comfrey ointment yesterday! it turned out really well.

awesome stuff