Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

intuition

I have to go to Gippsland for work this week. Some folks are happy to pay for my flights and accommodation and cups of tea n all in exchange for two days of "the world according to the duck". But Mr Duck and I kinda has this idea of doing a road trip down through Albury to see my gorgeous brother and his gorgeous family, and then adventuring through the Victorian Alps on the way. On paper it seemed like it would work, (as long as there was no washed out bridges or trees down on that mountain pass) but I was feeling unsettled and a bit stressed because I couldn't SEE in it my mind or imagine it happening.....and in the end I trusted my gut and booked a flight and promised my brother another weekend for a camping trip instead. And the unsettled feeling disappeared. Life is like that. You gotta trust your gut.


Just like waking up this morning KNOWING that even through So You Think is pretty and lovely, Americain was going to win the Melbourne Cup. Golly I wish I had put $100 on that feeling......13.8 to 1 odds.


You gotta trust your gut.

2 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

The Bloke DID. Woo hoo. Well he put 20 on it. And he advised his 87 year old dad who has terrible trouble parting with any money for anything at all but wanted a bet. THank GAWD it won for that alone.

Ta for very very lovely comment on post you lovely girl.
Loani

The Duck Herder said...

heehe. Its good to know the bloke did OK!