Lessons from today:
- The idea that a hive mat will prevent bees from building comb up inside the lid is complete rubbish.
- Bee tending can be scary
- Those boxes full of honey are &%#%ing heavy.
- Bee tending is a DEEP INTENSE opportunity for spiritual practice - for staying calm when things are quickly turning to chaos and angry stingy custard all at once - it demands PRESENCE and deep calm breaths but not on the bees right NOW or you will completely %^&#* it up and be stung a zillion times.
- bee keeping brings you to your knees with the amazing majestic beautifulness and forgivingness of nature.
- I mourn every inadvertent death from my clumsiness and lack of skill and strength.
- I am humbled because many girls died today, and I didn't get stung once in retaliation, even-though I throughly deserved it.
- Sometimes I think I am too chicken to be a bee herder.
So, I managed to move a full box of honey to the top of the hive, insert a clearer board, put in an extra box and make some steps towards getting all the crazy comb out from under the lid.
Hopefully all the bees will have moved down through the clearer board overnight, and I can go back in tomorrow and take off that top box of honey..........